Local Bits, Bytes & Bots policies override the following, if posted.
Bits, Bytes & Bots, LLC is committed to providing a safe, fun, learning environment for all participants. Our policies are set in place to insure that everyone has an enjoyable experience. We reserve the right to remove anyone who takes away from this atmosphere.
- Participants will be expected to behave in a socially acceptable manner. There will be no toleration for inappropriate behavior which includes, but is not limited to, physically touching or threatening, verbal abuse or threats, abusing the equipment, and other physical or verbal behaviors as seen as detrimental to the program and enjoyment of others. The following steps will be taken: (A) A private meeting will be held immediately with the child to explain the unacceptable behavior. A staff member will speak with the parent at pick-up time. (B) The second infraction will result in the child being removed from the group and a parent being called informing them the child needs to be picked-up immediately. The child will not be allowed to return to the group until a meeting has been held with a parent, the child, and a staff member. (C) The third infraction the child will not be allowed to return to the program. No refund will be made.
- The equipment and software that the students use remains with Bits, Bytes & Bots. We provide CDs and other copies of children’s work so that they may continue to enjoy their work after the class is over. Since many families already own the equipment and/or software we use in our classes, we don’t want to increase the cost of the courses to include equipment or software to take home (sometimes called “lab fees”). We would be happy to tell you how to get your own copies (we don’t sell the equipment or software ourselves).
- Age: During the school year, the age range for movie classes is 7-14, and for robot and game creation it is 8-14. During summer camp our classes cater to children ages 8-14, except for Bits, Bytes & Beyond which is for 6-7 year olds. The birthday cut off is Aug. 31 of that summer. Birthday parties are available for children as young as six (6). Exceptions: children whose birthdays are close to the cutoff age who demonstrate appropriate maturity will be allowed to participate on a case by case basis. The most important consideration is that the child will not be a distraction or take away from the other students learning in any way.
- Computer users agree not to do anything that changes the current computer configurations. This includes installing programs or updates of any kind, adding or changing passwords to programs or sign on screens, changing hardware or operating system configurations in any way, and downloading software (except GameMaker Games from the GameMaker Website). Users may change the desktop wallpaper and resolution, add project folders to the “My Documents” folder, and sign into software like Stop Motion Pro and LEGO Mindstorms using their name. Other alterations require the permission of an instructor. Users also agree not to attempt to gain access to other computers on the store’s Local Area Network, or to attempt to gain access to other computers over the internet in an illegal manner.
- Users may access the internet for legitimate uses (research, robot designs, game sprites). Users may not access any sites that include nudity, sexual content, inappropriate language, hate speech, content demeaning to individuals or groups, graphic images, or other content inappropriate for 6-14 year olds.For those activities where payment in advance has not been received, payment in full is expected at the time of drop off/program start time.
- Class cancellations: If the School District or the school where the activity is held is closed due to inclimate weather or some other reason, Bits, Bytes, & Bots will not hold classes that day. This is for the safety of your children and our employees. (See policies above).
- Group Activities/Field Trips: At least one group leader/teacher must remain with the group at all times.
- All children who participate in Bits, Bytes, and Bots summer camps must have a signed emergency information form on file.
- Bits, Bytes, & Bots, LLC does not discriminate for any reasons in admitting children to programs or in its hiring practices.
- Bits, Bytes, & Bots, LLC is committed to providing a safe environment for children. Therefore it is our policy to run a national background check on all employees before they are able to work with children in our programs.
Reservation & Refund Policy
- To reserve a space in a summer camp session, a non-refundable $150 deposit per class signed up for is necessary and the balance must be paid by the time stated on the schedule.
- If you cancel before the balance due date, you will receive the balance of money paid minus the $150 deposit per session. Reservations for summer camp made after the balance due date must be paid in full. After the balance due date customers can receive a refund on the price of the class minus the deposit only if the space is filled by another child on the waiting list.
- A $25 time change fee will be charged for time & class changes.
School Year Programs :
- Full payment is required to reserve a space in a program.
- For cancellations 24 hours or less before the event, 50% payment will be charged. Cancellation must take place 30 minutes before the start of the event or the full fee will be charged.
- For cancellations and changes more than 24 hour before the event, a $25 change fee per reservation will be charged.
- If a child misses after school group because of illness or injury, no refund is made.
- If a child misses a program because of bad weather or through some fault of BBBs, they will receive $20 credit for another activity. Refunds will not be given.
- A credit card number, expiration date, phone number and billing zip code are required to reserve a birthday party space. The credit card will not be charged until after the event unless there is a cancellation.
- For cancellations 2 weeks or less before the event, a $100 cancellation fee will be charged.
- For cancellations more than 2 weeks before the event, a $50 cancellation fee will be charged.
- For time changes less than 2 weeks before the original date, a $50 time change fee will be charged.
- For time changes more than 2 weeks before the original date, a $25 time change fee will be charged.
- For cancellations 48 hours or less before the event, a $100 cancellation fee will be charged.
- For cancellations more than 48 hour before the event, a $50 cancellation fee per reservation will be charged.